Monday, February 28, 2011

[WATCH]: Jimm Zorn - 'Locks' music video

music: Jimm Zorn - Locks (myspace.com/jimmzorn) video: Rob Pallatina ©2009 In the final chapter of the 'Z-trilogy' music video collection, I had the idea of producing my own take on everyones favourite classic expressionist film, Nosferatu. When I first heard the track, fairytale-like imagery began to grow in me as the dainty, but sinister, melody played out. I immediately had the vision of high contrast black and white photography, sinister shadows of German Expressionist Cinema and an 8mm reel projector look, with all the dust and scratches. As silent cinema utilises text on screen, I wanted to take this process further and have lyrics of the song narrating a creepy folktale. The 'caged beauty' was played by Becci Brew, a

Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment